Monday, November 3, 2008

Surprise Blooms

Last week I started to research what to do with the Amaryllis bulbs I planted in my raised bed last January. Should I take them out and refrigerate them or leave them in the ground? Later that day I was walking by my raised bed, I looked over and saw that that one of the Amaryllises was blooming! Not at all what I expected! I hope the others follow suit.
That day I also found my potted Angel Trumpet plant with blooms. This was a fun surprise, but not as unexpected as the blooming Amaryllis. I originally bought the Angel Trumpet in bloom in October, but in the past years the Angel Trumpet I had in the ground would bloom in mid to late summer. As the weather is starting to get colder, I moved the Angel trumpet inside to protect it.

Happy Gardening!

Part-time Gardener:)

No comments: