Friday, April 25, 2008

Apple Tree Fence


Many years ago, I saw a picture of a place in France where they had a field surrounded by an apple tree fence. I always wanted one and finally, about 3 years ago, I put in the one you see above. This fence separates the lawn area from a small fruit orchard. The fence is composed of three Fuji apple trees growing laterally on two copper wires. One day, the wire and posts will be removed and the apple trees will form a living fence without them. What other fence will give you a crop of apples every fall?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

how is your espalier today. post us new picture. 23 okt 2008

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.livejournal.com/398.html]R4i SDHC[/url] DS FFOpera)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Merely returned here to advise you regarding Mobile Monopoly. This is a superb technique and WILL make you money, especially seeing as you own a website. Take a quick look at the video, the system is about using Mobile Advertising which is fresh and an unexposed marketplace where you can make thousands by doing hardly any work. I promise you that after you watch their short video it will change you and it will start making you think. http://mobile-mastermind.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, just wanted to mention, I liked this article.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!
My web site > weightloss tea